Monday, December 20, 2010

Just a quick one.....

5 random Christmas observations

1. Glitter. Glitter is not a Christmas decoration. You cannot glue a bunch of that shit on some green cardboard and call it Christmassy ok? There is nothing Christmassy about a potential eye injury

2. Christmas driving – road rules do not apply in the month of December – it is WAY more important to get to the shopping centre and find a park closest to the door than to observe the road rules that pertain to the rest of the months. Plus red and green are Christmas colours – who am I to say which one is go or stop in December?


3. Christmas drinks – somehow they are way more potent than normal drinks. Buy yourself a beer and be careful because that sucker is twice as strong if you’re wearing a silly hat or some tinsel. So don’t be surprised if you end up singing ‘I’ve had the time of my life’ with your work colleagues whilst standing on a table. Don’t even get me started on Christmas hangovers – beastly!

4. Christmas spirit – comes in many forms, but none quite like the over zealous super excited check out lady in Big W/Target/K-mart – you need to bottle that stuff lady – I cannot understand how you manage to wear those dangly flashing earrings let alone be seen out in public in them – good on you, but please stop giving my kids candy canes, it gives them hyperactive indigestion.

5. Christmas shopping fever – the inability to stop yourself from buying random stocking fillers for the wee ones or spending up online because there is only one more shipping day before Christmas. It’s an affliction – but I am having to say to myself; ‘E, they’re going to love it, but where the hell are they going to put it?’

Ding ding merrily on high, Christmas fever has hit in our house – I love it, I hate it, I always want more of it.

To my amazing 4 followers – thank you! Have a very super lovely Christmas and I’ll be back into it before New Years to outline my 2011 ‘Commandments’ (because New Years Resolutions are jinxed....)

E

xx

2 comments:

  1. 7 amazing followers now. Look at you go, girl!

    I need a big room to store all the shit my kids 'need' in their Christmas stockings this year. It IS an illness. But does one really want oneself to get well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a super merry Christmas to you! Sounds like C & L are going to have a fun day indeed - hope you do, too :)

    ReplyDelete